Everyone knows going inside a Chinese bank means a wait of 30 minutes to 4 hours for your turn at the counter on any given day. Although, we are able to wire money via online banking, we are required to physically come to a bank to convert CNY inside our accounts. In addition, there is a 500 USD daily conversion limit without tax certificates on hand.
That’s wayyy too much. So what to do?
Simply put, all you need is to sign up for a Chinese PayPal (paypal.cn) and your home country’s PayPal. Link your Chinese bankcard to the PayPal.CN account, and then link your home bank account to the PayPal.COM account.
Note: All PayPal transactions are done in USD. If you have CNY in your account, a third-party service will automatically convert your money for a 1.2% fee. So it’s all still slightly cheaper than a wire transfer.
Here, I’ll take you through the steps of signing up, linking your card, and then sending your money (the easy way) to your home country’s PayPal account:
First: Signing Up
- Go to Paypal.cn (will take you to China’s PayPal)
- On the homepage, choose the blue ” 注册/register” button
- Select Account Type
- Register your information (on this page you can change to English language)
- Follow normal registration steps
Second: Linking Chinese Bank Card (not bank account)
- Go to Wallet, Choose “Link a card”
- Enter information in English
- Complete text message verification
Now your card is ready for use!
Last: Sending the Money
- Go to “Send & Request”
- Choose “Pay for goods or service”
- Enter your USA (or home country’s) PayPal account’s email or mobile phone, Enter Amount
- Review transaction & send – voila! And this is how you get your money out! You’re welcome.
Find me on Instagram @jaycreatesalpha
Extension – Wire Transfers TO China:
Now for those who actually want to wire USD into your account, this is when you’ll link your Chinese bank account (not bankcard).
Go to your wallet, “add bank account”, fill out following form:
Notes: SWIFT codes can easily be online by searching “bank name swift code city name” i.e., “ICBC SWIFT Beijing” –> Result: ICBKCNBJBJM